This wonderful appeatizer will speak for itself.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Pernod
- escargot, drained and rinsed
- dry white wine
- snail shells, for serving
- In a bowl cream together the butter, shallots, parsley, garlic, lemon.
- juice, Worcestershire and Tabasco, salt, pepper, and Pernod.
- Simmer the drained escargots in a little wine for a few minutes [long enough for them to absorb the wine].
- Drain them.
- Place some of the creamed mixture in each snail shell [using half of the creamed mixture], place escargots on top [one per shell], then top with remaining creamed mixture.
- Place the shells in an oven-proof serving.
- pan and bake them at 450 degrees F. until the butter begins to sizzle.
- Just before serving, sprinkle each escargot with a little dry white wine.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Hubby and I have been looking forward to escargots for over a week now and I finally got around to making them today. Very good and I love the pre-soak in wine. . .but the lemon was weird for me. . .and I only used the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Next time I will omit the lemon juice altogether. Thanks!Reply