English Pea Cavatelli
Hand made cavatelli tossed in a creamy english pea and mint sauce served with crispy pancetta, black pepper and freshly shaved pecorino romano. This recipe is part of the Kitchensurfing "Spring in Italy" menu: www.kitchensurfing.com/menus/spring-in-italy-52f449116a4d6a5505000032.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups shelled English peas
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 -6 fresh mint leaves
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pancetta (small, diced)
- 1⁄4 head cauliflower (sliced into thin florets)
- pecorino romano cheese
- watercress (optional)
- 8 ounces fresh cavatelli (preferred) or 8 ounces dry linguine
- Simmer shelled peas and mint in coconut milk until tender (30-45 minutes).
- Purée peas and mint mixture in a blender until smooth. Season and set aside. If needed, add a little water to make smooth.
- In a sauté pan, crisp the pancetta on a low flame until fat is rendered and pancetta is crispy.
- While cooking the pancetta, boil the pasta to perfect al dente.
- Strain pasta and toss with the crispy pancetta on a low flame.
- Add the pea purée, cauliflower and two tablespoons of water and cook for 3-5 minutes stirring constantly (cook until purée evenly coats the pasta like a sauce).
- Turn off the heat and toss with freshly grated pecorino.
- Garnish with watercress and serve.