photo by threeovens
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 1/4 cup apple juice or 1/4 cup dark rum, or1/4 c Kirschwasser
- 1 large granny smith apples or 1 large golden delicous apple
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Combine flour through salt in a bowl and whisk or blend until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and set asside for 20 minutes. The flour needs to swell and get fat and happy. :-).
- Meanwhile peel, core and sliver your apple. you want very thin slivers, so the apples cook. To keep them from turning brown. Sprinkle with lemon juice or cover with Lemon/Lime Soda. Drain and dry with papwer towel before adding.
- Place the raisins in a small microwave safe bowl and add the juice. Cover with Saran and buzz for about 30 seconds. Set asside.
- Over medium heat in 12-inch skillet, heat a little butter (2 T and 1 T vegetable oil). Pour in the batter and distribute the apples, raisins and almonds over the top.Do not stir.
- Cook until the top looks set. Peak underneath with a spatula. It should be golden brown.
- Now take two forks and start tearing your pancake into small pieces, turning them as you go. so the top side also cooks and browns. Remove from heat and serve sprinkled with fresh lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- Adult Version: Soak/plump your raisins in dark rum or Kirschwasser. Save what you drain off and sprinkle it over the top of the Schmarren along with powdered sugar. No lemon with this version, but extra Booze is also permitted. :-).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really good and so easy. It's like scrambled pancakes with extras. Love the almonds and apples. I had to use blueberries because someone ate all the raisins without telling me! They worked very well and didn't need plumping. Made for "More Than Sauerkraut and Dumplings" event in the German/Benelux cooking forum.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/cc-banner-7-09.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /></p>