- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 large eggplants, -
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, -
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, -
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil, -
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs, -
- 1 egg, -
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed -
- 1 onion, finely diced -
- olive oil, -
- 1 teaspoon salt, -
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC) and lightly grease 2 oven trays. Clean the eggplants, peel them and slice them into disks. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and bake them for 45 min until golden. Let them cool. In a food processor, finely chop the eggplant.
- In a bowl mix the onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, basil, parsley, egg and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped eggplants.
- Wet your hands with a little water and shape the eggplant mixture into balls. Place them on a non-stick oven tray and bake them for 25 minutes until deep golden brown and slightly crusty. Do not overbake or they will be too dry. Remove tray from oven and cover with foil to let the meatballs steam until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!