Eggplant (Aubergine) Casserole
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- Place eggplant on oiled sheet pan& bake in a 350 degree oven, turning it once, until soft.
- Remove from oven& slightly cool& peel.
- Cut into 1/2” pieces.
- In a large pan combine olive oil, onions& garlic& sautè on medium flame until golden brown.
- Add tomato, tumeric, eggplant, salt& pepper.
- Stir to evenly combine.
- Cook 1 or 2 minutes over medium flame.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Just as the eggs begin to solidify, stir.
- Continue to stir until the eggs are completely solidified.
- Add more salt& pepper if desired.
- Place into a serving bowl& serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm not sure why this recipe is a casserole when to me it is a stirfry but it is a very nice way to eat eggplant. I had never come across a recipe that asked me to bake and peel the eggplant first but this worked quite well. Even my dog who is not keen on vegetables scoffed this and cleaned her bowl!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in 1942 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in this GREAT United States of America. I have since resided in Baltimore Maryland, Atlanta Georgia, Orlando Florida, Fort Lauderdale Florida, Los Angeles California, Selma Oregon, and now in Albuquerque New Mexico. I have enjoyed not only eating, but cooking all my life.