- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk, VERY cold
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled (small)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt
- Combine cold milk, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper in your blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Combine oils. While blending on high speed, slowly pour in the oil a few drops at a time, and gradually increase this to a fine thread until the mixture thickens and resembles a soft mayonnaise. You may need more or less oil.
- Season with salt to taste. The mayonnaise will last up to 1 week in the fridge. Servings: approximately 16 tablespoons.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a married cruise-only travel agent with two stepsons, aged 20 and 25. It took a while to get the boys used to my cooking, as they were raised on fast food and pre-packaged foods (i.e. mac-n-cheese from the blue box, frozen dinners, Chef Boyardee, McDonalds, etc.). My mother is from Spain and I lived there as well as Germany, England and Italy growing up, which influenced both my career and my cuisine!</p> 8726943"