MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This a GREAT mayo, it will keep 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator and can be doubled or tripled or cut in half.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Put all the ingredients except the oil in a blender.
- Blend on lowest speed.
- Add the oil slowly until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Continue blending until thickened and smooth.
- Transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My first try at making home made"mayo"! I made this 2 days in advance and let it sit in the fridge to thicken. I used it to make "Mock Tuna Salad". It did not get as thick as store bought, but the flavor was great. I'd much rather make this than pay $9 for a jar of Vegannaise! I also used whole milk and also grapeseed oil.1Reply
This came together really well.The lemon juice gave a nice tang to it.I refrigerated mine for about 10 mins then used it for some home made burgers.It was really nice.For those who had a problem,try using the same amount of silken tofu.I am sure the result will be good. Update:The mayo became thick like normal mayo after I refrigerated it for one whole day.The liquid settled at the botton of my jar and the top is just like normal mayo,thick and creamy.Next time,I am going to use silken tofu instead of the soy milk.Reply
see 8 more