Egg White Mallow Fluff
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
3 3/4 cups
- Place the base ingredients into a heavy saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat. Cover and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove cover, insert candy thermometer and boil to 240º F. Do not stir the mixture once the lid has been removed.
- Remove the pan from heat and set it aside to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, once the temperature of the base reaches 220ºF, place the whites and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and whip to soft peaks.
- Once the base has cooled for a couple minutes, slowly stream it down the side of the mixer bowl with the beater on medium speed (avoid the beater).
- Beat in the vanilla and extra flavour if using.
- Turn the speed up to high and whip for 7 minutes.
- Transfer the fluff to a plastic container, cover and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"