Easy Starbucks Coffee Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (use amount specified by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil (use amount specified by your cake mix)
- 3 eggs (use amount specified by your cake mix)
- 1 cup cold salted butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Prepare cake mixe in large bowl according to directions on box. (cake mix, water, oil, and eggs).
- Spray 9X13 pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until center is just barely set.
- While cake is baking, prepare crumb topping.
- In large bowl of electric mixer combine, butter, flour, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla until all crumbly.
- Immediately after cake is removed from oven, break crumb topping into marble size pieces with fingers, sprinkling over top.
- Put back in oven and bake an additional 10-15 minutes (topping will begin to look a little less wet/raw).
- Let cool fully then dust with powdered sugar, using a sieve.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've never had Starbuck's coffee cake, but this was great! I made mine extra rich by using Duncan Hines Butter Golden cake mix and used creamer instead of water when baking. I also add 1/2 sugar and 3 tbl of margarine for the topping and it seriously turned out heavenly!! My friend loves coffee cake and she couldn't put it down! Thanks!