Easy Sausage Egg & Cheese Breakfast Quesadilla
photo by SkyGlitter
- Ready In:
- 2 large burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated (I prefer colby)
- 4 eggs, scrambled & cooked
- salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup breakfast sausage, cooked, crumbled & drained
- 2 teaspoons oil (for frying)
- Brown the sausage, drain & set aside.
- Scramble & cook the eggs, set aside.
- Grate the cheese while heating the oil in a large non-stick pan.
- Place one tortilla in the pan with 1/2 the cheese spread out evenly.
- Add the scrambled eggs spreading out evenly and then the sausage.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Add remaining cheese spreading out evenly (the cheese is the glue that holds this together) and top with the other tortilla.
- Cover with lid and cook for about 5 minutes or until browned then flip and brown the other side.
- Remove to a plate and cut into 6 pieces and eat with fingers!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to put up recipes I have really expanded my cookbook and made some truly fabulous foods that I never would have found otherwise. I thank you all for saving me from the drudgery of making and eating the same old thing over and over! I am SO glad I found this site and it's sure to be one of my favorites forever now! I have always loved to cook and bake and would rather stay at home and make dinner than go out somewhere. When I do go out to a restaurant I find myself thinking that I could make the same thing at home much better thanks to Zaar chef's!!! I think it's nice to share so I am adding some of my favorite recipes here and there and I thank all of you in advance who try them. I absolutely love to read mystery and suspense novels and if a little romance is mixed in it doesn't hurt ;) either. I also love to sew - no clothes though. My biggest project that I currently want to tackle is making a sweater blanket for my bed. I've been collecting wool sweaters for a couple years now and just have to make myself cut out the pieces and put them together. I know the end result will be beautiful I just have to find the time and not cook for a few days - yikes!!!