photo by Kumquat the Cats fr
- Ready In:
- 28 ounces Italian tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup malt vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- In medium size bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, crumbs, olive oil, tomato juice, garlic, vinegar and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, ladle tomato mixture in individual bowls.
- Place chopped vegetables in separate serving plates and set on table for guests to garnish soup according to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful recipe for a hot summer day! The only things I did differently were to use diced canned tomatoes and pulse them to desired consistency in mini food processor, and red wine vinegar (that was what I had on hand) instead of malt vinegar. I made this for my husband who loves gazpacho, but I'd never made it before. I'm glad I used your recipe...not only was it so easy, it was delicious 8o). Thanks for a great recipe.
Excellent gazpacho! I used fire-roast tomatoes and less oil. I forgot to add the breadcrumbs, but I think they would have added something special to this. I'll add them tonight when I finish up the leftovers. I didn't have malt vinegar so I added cider vinegar because it's supposed to be a good substitute. Also I used red onions. Thanks, I really enjoyed this!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, read recipe books and food magazines,spend time in kitchen stores, grocery stores, gourmet shops, learning new cooking techniques, trying new kitchen gadgets,tasting exotic foods,enjoying a wonderful meal. I've always had a herb garden; now I have containers on my patio with my must have herbs. It seems, everything tastes better with fresh herbs!