Dynamite Beef Bites
These are so good and so easy to make. Great for appetizers! Keeping the title of this recipe in mind (dynomite, as in hot) you may want to use fewer hot peppers. Be sure to wash your hands and don't rub your eyes while preparing this recipe. Times are approximate.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef flank steak
- 1⁄2 cup picante salsa (or use you can use your own or favorite)
- 12 whole jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese with herbs
- toothpick, for fastening
- Slice steak in 1/4 inch-thick-strips, 4" long.
- Cut across the grain holding knife at an angle.
- Marinate strips in Salsa for one hour.
- Fill each jalapeno half with 1/2 teaspoons of the cream cheese.
- Wrap each jalapeno with a steak strip, covering the cream cheese as you wrap.
- Fasten steak ends with toothpicks.
- Grill or broil 4" from the heat for 4 minutes, turning after 2 minutes.
- Do not overccook.