Dutch Meatball Soup (Shortcut Version)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
1 Large Pot
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (or crushed crackers)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (900 ml) carton low sodium beef broth
- 11 cups water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 (71 g) packages Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped small
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 large leeks, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped with leaves
- 6 handfuls vermicelli (approx. 1 inch long)
- Mix first 6 ingredients in small bowl. Roll into 1 inch balls. Brown in skillet and set aside.
- In a large stock pot, bring water and broth to a boil. Add boullion cubes and soup mix. Stir to dissolve.
- Add cauliflower, carrots, celery, leeks and meatballs.
- Simmer 20 minute.
- Add noodles. Simmer 10 minute more.
- Serve with Dutch Maggi and Dutch rusks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am sooo busy being a full time wife, mother of 3 and elementary school teacher that I have little time to enjoy my favourite hobby - cooking! I love recipes that I can freeze for the future.</p>