photo by Lavender Lynn
- Ready In:
- 1 lb butternut squash or 1 lb pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon berbere
- 2⁄3 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2⁄3 teaspoon dried basil
- Saute onions in olive oil. Add a little water and berbere, and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add squash cubes and stir to coat. Then add water to about 3/4 of the way to top of squash cubes. Cook until tender, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Add cumin and basil, stir and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow - good and spicy!!! Such an easy dish, but the flavors in the berbere are simply amazing and make this simple dish something gourmet! DH loved the heat index of the spices, but it was too much for me and I had to eat the squash with bites of other food (lentils). Next time, I'll use less of the berbere! Made for CQ4 play, Team Happy Campers. Thanks for posting!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY