Drew's Bread Pancakes - An Atkins Low-Carb Bun Substitute
- Ready In:
4-5 large pancakes
- ***Note:I have not tried these as a stack of pancakes with syrup; however, we use them for a bread/bun substitute while on the Atkins diet.
- Recipe makes 4-5 pancakes; use 2 pancakes to make 1 hamburger bun.
- ***Mix all ingredients together to form a medium thin pancake batter, adding water to make desired consistency (from thin to medium thick).
- On medium-hot griddle or frying pan, pour batter to make round pancake the size of your hamburger, or spread batter to desired shape and size.
- (Make oblong shape for hot dogs, link sausage or bacon).
- Fry on one side until pancake is cooked enough on the first side to flip it over, about 1-2 minutes.
- Flip pancake and cook on second side about 1 minute.
- NOTE: Batter should be rather thin if you plan to use pancakes for wrapping a filling.
- It should be a little thicker for hamburger buns, but don't make pancakes too thick in relationship to the thickness of hamburger, or you'll have too much bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a retired computer programmer, teacher, and cookbook author. Hubby and I have a grown daughter & SIL, son & DIL and 2 grandgirls. My favorite hobbies: cooking, Silhouette crafting, sewing, embroidery and wearable art, quilting, genealogy research, reading,