Drago's Potato Salad
Great side to have with any grilling out you might do. I came up with this while I was in my law enforcement classes. It was served up to my classmates at a cook out we had. Two other potato salads were made as well. Mine was the only one that went home empty. This is halfed from the original recipe, it is very easy to double or triple for large gatherings.
- Ready In:
- 8 -10 medium small red potatoes (do not peel)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 6 large grade a eggs (boiled and diced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons kosher dill relish
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard (add more if you like, i do)
- salt and pepper
- Dice and boil potatoes until fork tender.
- While boiling potatoes, hard boil your eggs.
- Let eggs and potatoes cool.
- Then peel and dice eggs.
- Mix potatoes, eggs, mayo, mustard, relish, onion, celery, cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Make sure to mix lightly so not to mash the potatoes.
- Chill for no less than 3 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Very nice potato salad! I liked that it included spicy brown mustard (I used Gulden's) and thought the cajun seasoning was a nice change (I actually used Tony Chachere's "More Spice" creole seasoning). I boiled the potatoes whole, chilled, then diced (used Klondike Rose potatoes--much like Yukon Golds, but red-skinned). I did add extra mustard and a bit of extra dill relish. Delicious--thanks for posting!