photo by P.Q. Butterfat
- Ready In:
8 8 oz jars
- 6 dragon fruit
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups white sugar
- Halve dragon fruit.
- Scoop out flesh into a deep pot.
- Mash well with potato masher.
- Add the juice of two lemons and the fine zest of one.
- Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer, uncovered, stirring, for 30 minutes or so to get a thick puree.
- Bring to a hot, rolling boil.
- Add sugar.
- Continue to boil hard, stirring, until desired gel is reached. Dragon fruit does not so much gel as form a thick, gluey slime.
- Add pectin if desired to obtain a firmer gel.
- The jam can be canned. Process prepared 6 to 8 oz jars for 10 minutes.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!