Dragon Eggs (Deviled Eggs With a Spicy Twist)
photo by erin_vanolden
- Ready In:
- 18 hard-boiled eggs, cut length-wise
- 8 ounces chive and onion flavor cream cheese
- 5 -6 ounces mild green jalapeno jelly
- 1 bunch green onion
- 5 slices bacon
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- sriracha sauce, to taste
- Cook the bacon until crisp tender. Allow to cool. Chop fine.
- Chop the whites of the green onions very fine and add to the egg yolks.
- Chop the green part of the onion and set aside for garnishing.
- Heat the cream cheese in the microwave until warm and soft. (Takes about 1 minute, stir a few times every 20 seconds).
- Add warm cream cheese and jelly to the eggs yolks. Stir into a paste. (Adjust the cream cheese and jelly amounts to your own liking.).
- Add the bacon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the egg whites with the mixture.
- Add 3-6 drops of Sriracha to the top and sprinkle with the green onion tops.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to experiment with new recipes, probably due to my science background, I'm always altering conditions. Nothing is more fun than inviting people over to eat the food I have put together!