Doris Roberts' Meat Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
You need to use good olive oil, not that cheap stuff from the 99-cent store for this recipe! This goes with Doris Roberts' Lasagna and Doris Roberts' Meatballs' recipes also on this site! Enjoy! From our local newspaper.
- Ready In:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch oregano (large)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes with basil
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- Cover the bottom of a large pan with good olive oil and turn heat under it to medium. When the oil becomes fragrant, it is warm enough to add the garlic. Add garlic, onion, basil, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper and saute until onion is golden.
- Add meat and cook until brown, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon.
- Add the tomatoes, crushing them by hand. Add puree. Cover and lower heat, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking another 15 minutes. Serve over your favorite pasta or use in lasagna.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION