Dom's Stuffed Mushrooms
photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 1 lb mushroom, medium-sized
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove stems from mushrooms, and set caps aside.
- Chop mushroom stems.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, and brown onions and garlic.
- Add mushroom stems, and brown over low heat.
- In a bowl, combine onion mixture with egg, bread crumbs, cheese and parsley, and mix well.
- Stuff mushroom caps with mixture.
- Place mushrooms on a baking dish.
- Add soy sauce and water to the bottom of the dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummm!! I used baby bellas and they were great! I also had made fresh bread crumbs from some sour dough that needed to be used up, altho they were 2 days old when I used them in this recipe. I added kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to the egg/bread crumb mixture and used fresh parsley from the garden and freshly grated parm too. We enjoyed them and have some for leftovers which makes us very happy! Thanks for posting.
see 3 more reviews