Domino's Hand Tossed Bacon and Pineapple Pizza
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I am trying to copy Domino's Pizza this month by making this pizza similar to Domino's
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces bottled water, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast (not rapid-rise yeast)
- 25 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup cornmeal, for dough tossing
- 1⁄2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato puree
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella-provolone cheese blend
- 2 cups bacon
- 2 cups canned pineapple
- garlic oil, spread (for crust)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley (flakes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Dissolve sugar and yeast in water.
- 2. Combine flours and salt in a mixer using a paddle.
- 3. When yeast solution begins to foam, pour into flour along with oil. Use a dough hook to mix until all ingredients come together. Knead with dough hook for 5 minutes. Place dough in a plastic bag and then into your refrigerator for two days.
- 4. Make the sauce by pureeing the crushed tomatoes in a blender until smooth, then combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. When mixture begins to bubble, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool, then chill in a covered container until you make your pizza.
- 5. When you are ready to make pizza, preheat a convection oven to 450° (or conventional oven to 475°).
- 6. Divide the dough in half. Form half of the dough into a dough ball on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle cornmeal on a clean flat surface and begin to stretch out the dough, using your hands until you have stretched it enough to fit on a 14-inch pizza screen. Lay the dough onto the screen, and stretch it to form a perfect circle to the edge of the screen.
- 7. Spoon a thin layer of sauce over the pizza dough leaving about a 1-inch margin at the edge.
- 8. Sprinkle about 3 cups of the shredded mozzarella-provolone cheese over the sauce. Don't worry if some falls onto the edge of the dough.
- 9. Sprinkle about 2 cups of bacon and 2 cups of canned pineapple over the cheese. Don't worry if some falls over the edge of the dough.
- 10. Bake pizza for 8 to 9 minutes or until cheese and crust begins to brown.
- 11. While the pizza bakes, make the garlic oil spread by melting margarine in microwave oven or in a small saucepan over low heat. Use a mortar and pestle (or your fingers and a small bowl) to crush the dried parsley into smaller bits. Remove melted margarine from the heat and add Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic and salt.
- 12. When pizza is done, remove it from the oven and brush crust with garlic oil spread. Use a pizza wheel to cut pizza into 8 slices. Repeat process for second large pizza.
- Makes 2 large pizzas.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION