Divine Chocolate Chip Cookies
photo by mallorymholder
- Ready In:
- 1hr 14mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 large egg (room temp)
- 1 large egg yolk (room temp)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°f.
- Take out butter, egg and egg yolk to let warm up then set aside.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl wisk together brown sugar and granulated sugar until well blended.
- Add butter to sugar mix (butter should still be slightly firm still but maliable) and use a hand mixer on low till well mixed.
- Add vanilla, egg and egg yolk to sugar mixture and mix on low till blended.
- Add flour mix to sugars and mix on low till just combined, careful not to overmix ( dough should seem 'dry' ).
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place cookie dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a large silverware spoon take spoonfuls of the cold dough and form semi balls around 1 to 1 1/2 inches. Put on lined cookie sheet around 2 inches apart fitting 6 -8 on at a time. Press them down slightly with fingers.
- Bake for 7 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Turn the baking sheet 180° and cook for an addtional 7 minutes.
- When done baking remove from tray immediately and place cookies on cooling rack.
- Tip: Use a cooled baking sheet for every batch (a warm baking sheet will cause the dough to start cooking to quickly), and place the dough back in the fridge between uses. Dough needs to be chilled for optimal cooking temperature.
- Let cookies cool 3-5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!