Dilly Potato Soup
- Ready In:
- 8 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (I used a combination of Klondike Rose and Klondike Gold potatoes)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 cups chopped ham
- black pepper
- white pepper
- Boil potatoes in large pot with enough water to cover potatoes and have a little extra. (I used an eight-quart pot.)
- When potatoes are tender, drain about 2/3 of the water, leaving some in the pot.
- Add cubed cream cheese and butter.
- Cover and allow cream cheese and butter to soften.
- Combine with potatoes and remaining water, mashing some of the potato cubes to thicken the soup.
- Add chopped ham.
- Season with salt, black pepper, white pepper and dill to taste (I used about 1/2 T. dill, and found that that gave it a good flavor).
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm an attorney by education and a court reporter by current employment (love my job!). A couple of years ago, we had the opportunity to relocate to my home state of Louisiana, and I am happy happy happy to be here! I've been cooking since I was old enough to see the top of the stove - my mother was a home economics teacher, and she believed in starting me off early. I work full-time, I'm a Scentsy consultant, and I dream of getting my little bath goodie business up and running.</p>