Dilapidated Tilapia Packets
photo by Sandi From CA
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Clean the scallions, cutting off most of the green. Cut them in two pieces, and slice each piece in half lengthwise.
- On each sheet of foil, place 1/2 teaspoon butter. Drape 1/4 of the tilapia filets over the butter, add salt and pepper to taste and one quarter of the slice scallions. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of water to each packet, sprinkle 1/4 of the herbes de provence on top of each, then fold the foil up and over the filet until you have a loose packet, making sure there's some room inside to steam. Seal all edges. Repeat for the other filets.
- Put the packets on a baking sheet. If you've folded them correctly they should not leak while they're in the oven. If you're in doubt, put them in a large oven dish instead. Put into oven for 20-25 minutes.
- It's very difficult to overcook fish this way, so if you're leery of the fish being undercooked, leave it in slightly longer.
- Open each packet at the table -- you don't want to miss that aroma!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Something this tasty should be harder to make! I made the recipe pretty much as written, except that I added a thinly sliced mushroom cap to each fillet. I sprinkled the finished fillets with the chopped scallion tops and served with orzo - couscous or rice would be also a good way to make sure the sauce is sopped up!
Delicious! This recipe was so good tasty and so easy. I followed the instructions (cutting down for just DH and I) and served with rice pilaf and and green salad. Next time I think I will add maybe some mushrooms on top as another chef suggested and use some Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herbs for a little different twist. Thank you for posting. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game 2013.
see 7 more reviews