Desperation Mustard Sardines over Rice
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
What do you do with a can of sardines (or "herring steaks") in mustard sauce?
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rice, dry
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (you could try 1/4 tsp ground mustard)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed (you could try 1/4 tsp ground coriander)
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed, divided
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons horseradish mustard (stoneground) or 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) can herring fillets or (3 3/4 ounce) can sardines, in mustard sauce
- I used a rice cooker to prepare the rice, but you could also steam it on the stove (carefully!). Mix 2 cups water, the coriander seeds, the mustard seeds, and 1 tsp dill weed with the rice; (if stovetop bring to a boil and) cook 20 min till rice is done. If you're preparing the rice on the stovetop you may want to wait and add the dill after the rice is cooked.
- Mix ranch dressing, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and the other 1 tsp dill weed in a small dish to make a dressing.
- When rice is done, put in serving dishes. Top with herring steaks (and the sauce from the can); top that with the ranch dressing mixture. Serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION