- Ready In:
- 6 English muffins, split and quartered
- 9 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 1⁄2 ounces canned diced green chiles, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced (about 5 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, finely chopped (4)
- 2 1⁄2 ounces pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups provolone cheese, shredded (6 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Arrange English muffin quarters in a single layer in a greased 3 quart rectangular baking dish. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, milk, chile peppers, salt, and black pepper until well mixed. Pour egg mixture over muffin quarters. Using tongs or your hands, flip each muffin quarter over several times until all the bread is thoroughly coated with custard and wet.
- Sprinkle with ham, green onions, and olives. Top with roasted sweet peppers and cheeses. If desired, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Bake, uncovered, about 35 minutes (45 if chilled) or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I use lots of different nouns for who I am: mother, wife, musician, grant writer, and, less frequently these days, foodie. I love having special occasions and company, because that's when I play in the kitchen.</p>