Dental Soft Dog Cookies
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons buckwheat groats (kasha)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 cup smooth natural-style peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 egg
- rye flour
- 1 cup barley flour
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground sunflower seeds
- 3⁄4 cup soy flour
- 1⁄4 cup psyllium, fibre husks
- 1⁄4 cup teff flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon guar gum
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup minute tapioca
- 1⁄4 cup whole flax seed
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits
- In a large bowl, combine oats, kasha, applesauce, chicken stock, oil, honey, peanut butter and boiling water, stirring well. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and glucosamine (if using), followed by the remaining ingredients.
- Chill dough 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Working in batches, roll out the dough between sheets of waxed paper and cut into small squares or rectangles.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, for 10 minutes. Cool on the sheets.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"