Deep Fried Baby Portabellas/ With Shrimp Sauce
- Ready In:
1 lb. mushrooms
- 1 lb baby portabella mushrooms (the smaller the better)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups panco breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- peanut oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz ketchup
- 1 -3 tablespoon prepared horseradish (I use one)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (Recommended -- Tobasco)
- Preheat oil in deep fryer to 350°F.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems.
- For larger mushrooms, you may want to half or quarter.
- Measure flour into pie plate. In another plate or bowl, combine panco, cheese, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Dredge mushrooms in flour, then in egg wash and finally in Panco mixture.
- Working in batches, place breaded mushrooms in hot oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towel lined sheet pan.
- To make sauce:.
- combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate.
- Thanks Food Network !
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a 60 year old man living in south Arkansas with my wonderful wife. we've been married almost 35 years and we both love to cook. I became disabled and confined to a power chair in 1990 so I have a lot of time to try new recipes. In our church I'm famous for my melt in your mouth briskets. But nobody grills a porterhouse steak like my sweetie. We are looking for new recipes all the time. When I found RecipeZaar I new I had hit the jackpot. Our favorite restaurant is an all you can eat place called The Old Feed House; <br />Catfish, froglegs,ribs, etc with all the trimmings. Standing room only at times.</p>