Dee Berger's Grandmother's Salmon Loaf
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
We had this at our synagogue's Shabbat Dinner for new members and DH loved it. So, I asked the cook for her recipe and here it is. You can substitute saltine crumbs for the matzo meal. Per Dee do not substitute for "real" sour cream.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb salmon
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon matzo meal
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, debone salmon and remove skin.
- Drain liquid.
- Add all other ingredients, except sour cream and mix well.
- Fold in sour cream last.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Spread salmon mixture in pan.
- Smooth out top.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until top is slightly brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION