MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These are great cookies - and they keep great too.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- icing sugar
- Cream butter with sugar in large bowl.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Stir in flour and spices.
- Add pecans and dates and mix thoroughly.
- Shape into walnut-size balls.
- Transfer to wax paper lined tray.
- Freeze 15 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease baking sheets.
- Arrange cookies, spacing 1 inch apart.
- Bake until golden, 15-20 minutes.
- Roll in icing sugar.
- Let cool slightly.
- Roll in icing sugar again.
- Store in airtight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Simply exquisite flavor in these cookies--made them today for Thanksgiving (tomorrow.) Some friends stopped by and I ended up serving about 1/3 of them! They are wonderful--I love the taste of the cloves and nutmeg, and I am already a date fan. Really wonderful (and I made these in my food processor!)1Reply