Dark Chocolate Fudge Ice Cream
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Oh yum, if you like rich chocolate you will love this. I don't make this all the time because its so chocolatey.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon powdered instant coffee, preferably espresso
- 2 2⁄3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 vanilla bean
- In a double broiler, melt the chocolate with the coffee powder over hot, not simmering, water.
- In a heavy saucepan, scald the cream and milk with the sugar, salt and vanilla bean (whole).
- Stir to be sur the sugar is dessolved.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Remove the vanilla bean, split it lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the chocolate cream.
- Discard the pod.
- Chill the chocolate cream thoroughly, either over ice or in the refrigerator.
- Then freeze in an ice cream maker following the manufacturers instrunctions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION