photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 cups chopped roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 8 serrano peppers or 8 green finger chilies, minced
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 45 - 50 minutes or until thick.
- Can 40 minutes in a waterbath or store up to 1 week in the fridge. Can be frozen.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"