Cucumber Tomato Salad With Zucchini and Black Olives and a Lemon
photo by Dannyz
- Ready In:
- 2 large cucumbers, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup black olives or 1 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, pulled from stem
- lemon balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 of the juice of a lemon
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, drizzled in while whisking at last step
- In a non-reactive bowl mix salad ingredients.
- Then in a separate non-reactive bowl Whisk together the ingredients of the vinaigrette. Lastly while whisking add the olive oil slowly.
- Combine Salad and Vinaigrette and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Cooking Interests: Grilling & BBQ, Stir Frying, Slow Cooking, Italian, Mediterranean, Low Carb, Healthy, Vegetarian, Gourmet Hobbies: Gardening, Hiking/Camping, Biking, Fishing, Photography, Music, Wine Tasting