Cucumber Chard Salad
- Ready In:
- 4 medium cucumbers (sliced, or whichever form is best for you)
- 1 -2 bunch swiss chard, stems chopped
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 bunch swiss chard leaf, torn up (optional)
- 1 cup water (can be taken from potato water, see note)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons pepper (or to taste)
- Add the balsamic vinegar, cucumber, and swiss chard stems to a pot or frying pan with lid. Cook, while stirring, until all the vegetables are coated with the balsamic vinegar and are heated through.
- Add the water and lemon juice, bring to a boil and simmer until the stems are halfway done.
- Add the swiss chard leaves.
- Add the salt and peper, to taste, and continue simmering until done.
- NOTE: If you need more or less time just turn the heat up or down. Simmer at a low heat to keep it warm until the rest of the meal is done if needed. Just make sure to keep stirring it and if needed add more liquid.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!