Cuba Libre Cake
photo by Aguslawa
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 2mins
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups white flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup Coke
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- Mix eggs with 1.5 cups brown and 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar. Add the flour gradually.
- Add the cooking oil and baking soda and mix well.
- Divide the dough into two halves. Add the coke to the one part, and lime juice with rum to the other.
- Pour the doughs into a baking tin - a blob of coke dough, a blob of lime/rum dough onto it, and so it goes until the tin is full.
- Bake in the oven preheated to 200 °C for about 50 minutes. After first 20 minutes turn the temperature down to 180 °C.
- Meanwhile, put 2 cups of brown sugar into a pot and melt it. Pour the melted sugar onto the hot cake, making uneven splots. Cut when cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a psychology student who loves to cook and create new, cheap and fancy recipes for every tired college student who wants to try something new.