MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This Weight Watchers recipe is amazingly tasty, and a great alternative to its heavier, conventional counterpart.
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 (20 ounce) package butternut squash, peeled and cut up
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated pecorino cheese
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups mini pasta shells
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cut small
- Preheat oven to 400°F Spray 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray. Bring large saucepan of salted water to boil.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add panko and cook, stirring occasionally, until toasted, about 4 minutes; set aside.
- Add squash to boiling water; cover and return to boil. Cook, uncovered, until squash is very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine broth, Cheddar, Pecorino, cream cheese, mustard, salt, and cayenne pepper in blender. With slotted spoon, transfer cooked squash to blender and puree. (Leave water in pan.).
- Bring water back to boil. Cook pasta half the directed time on package; add cauliflower during last minute of cooking time. Drain; return to pot. Stir in puree and toss to coat. Spread pasta mixture in prepared baking dish; top with crumb mixture and spray with nonstick spray. Bake until top is golden and casserole is bubbling, about 25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION