Crockpot Cantonese Tempeh
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 30mins
- 2 (8 ounce) packages tempeh
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 16 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (3 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, vegan variety
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Mix all ingredients, EXCEPT cornstarch and water, together in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and stir into crockpot to thicken sauce into a glaze. (You may find that you need a little more or a little less cornstarch to achieve the desired thickness).
- Cover and cook another 20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an ethical vegan, atheist, wife and stay-at-home mother of a 7 year old DD and 1 year old DS. I have also been known to hug a tree from time to time, but I don't do it professionally. I love life, walk around in awe of the universe, and am always made happier by things that smell delicious. Like pumpkin pie spice. And turmeric. We've been vegan since Fall '08, and are just starting to feel like we know the tricks of the trade...and Recipezaar has certainly made the transition easier. Yey Recipezaar!