Crock Pot Shredded Pork & Black Bean Tacos
A different twist on traditional tacos and a great way to sneak veggies into your kid’s diet. This mixture may also be served over pasta or brown rice rather than using tortillas.
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 large onion, finely diced
- 1 bell pepper, finely diced (red, yellow or green)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, diced in 3/4 cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- flour tortillas or corn tortilla
- sour cream
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients except pork, bacon and black beans to crock pot and stir well.
- Stir in pork and bacon.
- Cover and cook on high 4 hours or until pork is done.
- Break up pieces of pork with a fork or a potato masher.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add drained black beans and continue to cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Serve with flour or corn shells, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, and salsa.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We enjoyed this recipe very much. I think next time I would leave out the bacon as the chipotle/adobo/ chili powder flavors along with the bacon were a little off for us. We like our food spicy so I added 1 additional chipolte chile and used an extra tbsp of adobo sauce. Loved that pork was the choice of meat as it married so beautifully with the chiles. Served in great big burrito shells with sour cream to cool it all down. Made delicious leftovers as well. Thank you for sharing.Reply