Crispy Fried Pickles
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 4 cups dill pickles chips, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons mild barbecue sauce
- canola oil
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
- Place pickle chips in a large bowl.
- Pour buttermilk over chips; cover and chill 1hour.
- Meanwhile, stir together the dressing and barbecue sauce in a small bowl.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches in a large deep skillet.
- Heat over high heat to 375°.
- Meanwhile, pour pickle mixture through a strainer over a bowl, discarding buttermilk.
- Whisk together flour and barbecue seasoning in a large bowl until blended.
- Add half of pickles to flour mixture, tossing to coat; remove pickles from flour mixture with a slotted spoon, shaking off excess.
- Fry pickles 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat procedure with remaining pickles and flour mixture.
- Serve pickles with sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!