Crispy Chicken With Lemon Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Crispy lemon chicken is a favorite of Chinese restaurant goers. This one is from the Mandarin restaurant in Beverly Hills CA.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 40mins
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken
- 6 cups stock or 6 cups water
- 1 cup oil
- 3 lemons
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cook chicken in simmering chicken stock to almost cover until nearly tender about 20 minutes.
- Remove and suspend over a bowl to dry at room temperature about 2 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooled.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a wok to fry chicken.
- Fry chicken for approximately 20 minutes turning until golden on oil sides.
- Combine squeezed lemon juice from 3 lemons with sugar and 1/2 cup boiling water in a saucepan. Bring this to a boil and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Add 2 teaspoons oil and soy sauce to sugar mixture. Remove from heat and set aside. Place chicken on a serving platter and garnish with triangles of lemon peel. Bring reserved sauce to a boil again. Mix cornstarch with a small amount of cold water to make a paste and stir into lemon sauce. Cook stirring until thickened slightly and spoon over chicken pieces.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION