Creamy Turkey Soup (Crock Pot)
Using Turkey Soup #32399 by Leslie Criswell for my inspiration, I created this soup the other night. Very, very yummy!
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- 1 cup homemade turkey broth
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1⁄4 vidalia onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 -3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Ingredients in turkey stock, besides the leftover turkey parts, were 1/2 Vidalia onion chopped, stalk of celery chopped and 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley.
- Combine all soup ingredients, except milk, cream and flour, in crock pot.
- Use just enough chicken broth to barely cover meat and veggies.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, or until potatoes and carrots are easily pierced.
- Combine milk, cream and flour and add to soup.
- Let cook for approximately 30 minutes more, stirring occasionally to thicken.
- You can also add any leftover gravy you have.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Hands down the best cream of turkey soup I've ever had (and probably will ever have). Slow cooking brought out the unique flavor of the turkey I love so much. Slow cooking also tenderizes the meat -- all this without adding extra fat. This recipe surpassed restaurant quality. I added one cup of lima beans, because I love the combination of turkey and lima beans.