Creamy Roasted Garlic and Greens Dip
photo by maryjjohnson34
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic
- 1 tablespoon 100% sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups frozen pc organics chopped leafy greens
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 ml cayenne pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Trim top of garlic head to expose cloves. Arrange, cut side up, in centre of 10-inch (25 cm) square of foil; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Fold foil over and seal edges to make packet. Place on baking sheet. Bake until tender and golden; about 45 minutes. Unwrap; let cool 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, pulse frozen greens in food processor until finely chopped. Scrape into fine mesh strainer set over large bowl. Set aside.
- 3. Wipe out food processor and squeeze in garlic cloves. Add cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, black pepper, cayenne pepper and remaining salt; pulse just until smooth, stopping to scrape down bowl if necessary. Transfer to separate large bowl.
- 4. Press greens with back of spoon to squeeze out liquid; discard liquid. Stir greens into cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Chef's tip: To soften cream cheese quickly, cut into cubes and arrange in a single layer on a plate. Let stand at room temperature until soft enough for your finger to make an indent in the cream cheese when gently pressed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!