Creamy Layered Cranberry Dessert (No-Bake)
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (3 ounce) package cranberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (optional)
- 16 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup cold water
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar (can use less)
- 2 (8 ounce) containers cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar (can use less)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch glass baking pan.
- For the crust; in a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs with the sugar and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons melted butter; mix to combine then press lightly into the baking pan; set aside.
- In a heat-proof bowl combine 1-1/2 cups boiling water with the cranberry and raspberry Jell-o powder and 1/3 cup sugar; mix with a spoon until no granules remain.
- Stir in the cranberry sauce until totally combined (I used my hands for this, it is much easier than using a spoon!).
- Stir in 1 cup cold water until completely combined.
- Chill the mixture for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours (stirring with a spoon a few time during chilling) or until a thick jelly-like consistency, not completely set but still able to spread on top of the cream cheese mixture (chilling time will depend on how cold your fridge is).
- While the gelatin mixture is chilling; in a bowl beat the softened cream cheese with powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add in the two 8-ounce containers of thawed Cool Whip and beat at low speed until combined.
- Stir in two 8-ounce container/tub thawed Cool Whip until combined; spread over the crust in the baking dish; chill until ready to top with the gelatin mixture.
- Spoon the semi-firm cranberry gelatin/orange mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Chill for minimum of 4 hours (or longer) or until firm.
- Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip topping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!