Creamy Cranberry Rice Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, softened in warm water for 30 minutes and drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen reduced-fat non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- ground nutmeg
- In small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over juice; let stand 1 minute.
- Over low heat, stir about 2 minutes, until gelatin dissolves.
- In medium saucepan, over medium heat, bring rice, milk, sugar and cranberries to a boil; remove from heat.
- Stir gelatin mixture and vanilla into rice mixture; cool 10 minutes.
- Fold in thawed whipped topping.
- Chill at least 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with nutmeg. Top each serving with a dollop of thawed whipped topping if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
VERY, VERY NICE PUDDING (but then I'm a great fan of the cranberry), & the recipe is well worth keeping on hand! I look forward to having this pudding topped with a generous spoon of homemade cranberry sauce during the winter holidays, but as is, it's still a very tasty treat! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
WARNING: Make my recipes if you want, but I am no longer an active member and will not acknowledge reviews, photos or answer questions via z-mail. I find this site to be pretty useless without the forums. I can find recipes on a lot of different websites.