Creamy Chicken Fajitas
photo by BearsFanJeff
- Ready In:
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about one large lime)
- 1⁄4 cup salsa verde
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 large chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 10 -12 soft tortillas
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken, bell peppers and medium onion) in a small bowl or 2-cup measuring cup.
- Wisk well until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour 1/2 cup over the chicken breasts. Cover and reserve the remainder in the refrigerator.
- Marinade the chicken in the refirgerator in a plastic bag or sealed container for 30 minutes or longer.
- Grill chicken breasts over medium-hot coals. Baste with 1/2 cup of the chipotle-lime sauce while grilling.
- Slice bell pepper and medium onion into 1/4 inch slices.
- Saute in oil and 1/4 cup of the chipotle-lime sauce until tender. Cover until ready to serve.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and warm on the grill.
- Slice chicken into 1/4 inch strips. Pour remaining sauce over sliced chicken and pepper/onion strips.
- Serve on warm tortillas.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!