Cream of Pea With Mozzarella Cheese - Nigella Lawson
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Slime Soup Recipe courtesy Nigella Lawson. Show: Nigella Feasts. Episode: Fun Food
- Ready In:
- 4 cups frozen peas
- 1 scallion
- 3 cups boiling water, from the kettle
- chicken stock or vegetable stock, concentrate
- 1 (10 ounce) fresh mozzarella balls, diced
- Cook the frozen peas and scallion in the boiling water with the stock concentrate, to taste, or stock cube until tender and cooked through. Drain and discard the scallion, and put the peas into a blender.*.
- Add the diced mozzarella to the peas in the blender. Liquidize the soup until smooth.
- *When blending hot liquids: Remove liquid from the heat and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Transfer liquid to a blender or food processor and fill it no more than halfway. If using a blender, release one corner of the lid. This prevents the vacuum effect that creates heat explosions. Place a towel over the top of the machine, pulse a few times then process on high speed until smooth.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION