Cream of Barley Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- Combine all the ingredients except the cream in a pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Skim off and discard any foam that appears on the surface.
- Reduce the heat and simmer covered until the barley is tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Discard the chicken carcass or ham bone if used.
- Puree the soup in an electric blender or food processor and return to the pot.
- Add the cream and heat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!