Cream-Filled Strawberry-Brownie Cake
photo by Jane from Ohio
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) box pillsbury chocolate fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 eggs (I used extra large)
- cake, layer
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box if pillsbury strawberry cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup of diced fresh strawberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- frosting, and garnish
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed2/3 cup
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups of sliced fresh strawberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 3 9 inch cake pans with cooking spray. Line bottoms of pans with parchment paper and spray paper with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir brownie mix, 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup of water and 3 eggs. Stir all brownie layer ingredients 50 strokes iwith a spoon. spread 1 cup of batter in each of the three pans.
- In a large bowl beat all the cake layer ingredients except the diced strawberries with an electric mixer.
- mix the strawberry cake mix,1/4 cup of water, 1/3 cup of vegetable oiland 3 eggs. beat on high speed for 2 minutes or until blended. fold in diced strawberries. Pour and spread 1 1/3 cup of mixture over brownie batter in each pan.
- Bake 20 t0 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- cool pans 10 minutes. carefully invert cake layers from pans onto a cooling rack. Remove parchment paper.Cool completely 1 hour. Meanwhile to make filling.beat cream cheese and butter at high speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in 3 cups of powdered sugar until creamy . Fold in 8 oz of whipped topping.
- to make the frosting, in another medium bowl beat 16 oz of whipped topping,2/3 up of powdered sugar with and electric mixer until blended.
- To assemble. Place 1 cake layer brownie side down on cake plate.spread 1/2 of the filling over cake to within 1/4 in of the edge of cake.top with 3/4 up of strawberry slices. Repeat the second layer with brownie side down, remaining filling and 3/4 cup of strawberry slices. Top with remaining cake layer, top side up.
- frost top and side of cake with frosting and garnish with remaining strawberries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!