photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 4 ounces (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup finely diced scallion
- 3 lbs cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 lbs crawfish tails, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup extra-dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons louisiana hot sauce, such as Crystal Hot Sauce
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning, such as Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning
- In a large pan, melt the butter. Add the onions and scallions and cook until the onions are translucent, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the cream cheese, sour cream and fresh lemon juice and whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Mix in the crawfish, vermouth, hot sauce, cayenne and Creole seasoning. Cook for 10 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.
- Let cool and then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.