- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 lbs pork spareribs or 4 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 6 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- Place ribs in a dutch oven with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minute.
- In a heavy saucepan, stir and cook cranberries, water and granulated sugar over medium heat until cranberries pop, about 5 minutes.
- Place a sieve over a bowl.
- Pour cranberry mixture through sieve, pressing with back of a spoon until no pulp is left; pour back into saucepan.
- Add remaining ingredients except ribs to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain ribs; cut into individual portions.
- Place in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour sauce over ribs.
- Bake until tender, about 35-40 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife, a mother and grandmother, I love to bake and I love to can (water-bath and pressure). My family and I live on 5 acres, we now have chickens and ducks and who knows what else we'll add in the future. My favorite meal to make and eat is soup.